Ireland is the next port of call for global infrastructure industry. International leaders in the delivery of infrastructure will gather in Dublin on the 2023 – Date to be Announced to find practical solutions for global infrastructure challenges. The event will provide an impactful discussion for international leaders in infrastructure delivery and investment to enable the swift and practical decisions required in parliaments, boardrooms, and building sites.
The European Infrastructure Conference is to provide a European perspective on global infrastructure challenges while placing Ireland at the centre of the solutions.
The conference will feature discussions between 40 expert speakers on the political, technical, and financial innovations that will be required to overcome challenges in delivering transport, water, energy, telecommunications, social infrastructure, and housing projects.
With the backdrop of Dublin’s Docklands, the conference will hear details on the delivery of critical infrastructure projects in Ireland from key public authorities including Department of Public Expenditure & Reform, Dublin Port Company, Gas Networks Ireland, Irish Rail, Irish Water, Transport Infrastructure Ireland, and Shannon Foynes Port Company. International speakers will also provide insights on opportunities in the EU, UK, and North America.
The inaugural event is sponsored by Bechtel, BTY, Eversheds Sutherland, Keniry Advisory Services, and PwC.
Robert Costello, Partner, Head of Capital Projects & Infrastructure – PwC Ireland:
‘Over the next decade Ireland has the opportunity to be a leader in the provision of infrastructure. We have a strong economy, growing population and a vision for climate action. To achieve our targets and to have sustainable growth we need to deliver energy, transport, housing and healthcare projects well. I’m excited to hear from some of the market leaders in the sector as they discuss and debate how to overcome existing challenges and capitalise on opportunities for our country.’
Key themes include:
- The next stop on the journey to Project Ireland 2040
- How does ESG considerations influence how infrastructure is built and maintained in the EU?
- The role of public-private partnership models in Europe.
- How can the EU secure clean energy and meet climate targets?
- What solutions are available to meet Europe’s housing crisis?
- How will the infrastructure that connects Europe be designed, built, financed, and maintained?
- How can Europe secure clean energy and meet climate targets?
- Infrastructure challenges and opportunities in North America.